Creating Flow by Focusing on the Tidal Creek Views
This home located on the marsh creeks of Southeastern North Carolina received a coastal home remodel after Hurricane Florence left significant damages. For the great room, it was important to incorporate the beautiful intracoastal views, and to create a flow with the outdoors. The existing furnishes were more European style, and some thoughtful choices helped to achieve the new look. To create a coastal home vibe for this remodel, here’s what needed to happen:
- Transform European style furnishings to reflect modern coastal style home.
- Repair water damage on walls, windows & flooring.
- Update paint color and floor color.
- Replace decor items to reflect more modern coastal style.
- Enhance fireplace to brighter, more coastal feel.
- Improve scale of built-ins to flow with scale of overall space.
Coastal Home Remodel Before Images
This home had more of a traditional farmhouse look, but some lighting and finishes felt more European. The style wasn’t well defined and giving it a coastal home remodel look helped to optimize the creek views, using more of the beauty just outside the home to create a relaxed and more modern space.