Creating Flow by Focusing on the Tidal Creek Views
This home located on the marsh creeks of Southeastern North Carolina received a coastal home remodel after Hurricane Florence left significant damages. For the great room, it was important to incorporate the beautiful intracoastal views, and to create a flow with the outdoors. The existing furnishes were more European style, and some thoughtful choices helped to achieve the new look. To create this vibe for this remodel, here’s what needed to happen:
- Transform European style furnishings to reflect modern coastal style home.
- Repair water damage on walls, windows & flooring.
- Update paint color and floor color.
- Replace decor items to reflect more modern coastal style.
- Enhance fireplace to brighter, more coastal feel.
- Improve scale of built-ins to flow with scale of overall space.
Coastal Home Remodel Before Images
This home had more of a traditional farmhouse look, but some lighting and finishes felt more European. The style wasn’t well defined and giving it a coastal home remodel look helped to optimize the creek views, using more of the beauty just outside the home to create a relaxed and more modern space.